Shocking Resumé Statistics
Are your ready for some shocking resume statistics? You did the work. Rebuilding your resume with buzzwords to get past the AI gatekeeper. Now your resume is actually being review by a real live recruiter. But chances are the recruiter will spend just seconds actually reviewing your masterpiece. And then only few more seconds more if they might be interested.
2023 Resume Statistics
Most candidates (90%) apply with a standard resume without any customization. And those resumes will likely be rejected because they are not customized to the specific jobs.
- An average of 250 resumes are received for published job posting.
- Only 3% of resumes will result in an interview.
- Recruiters spend 6-8 seconds reviewing a resume.
- Less than 5% of recruiters will spend more than 1 minute review a resume on the first viewing.
- 75% of resumes are rejected by AI or ATS software and never seen by a human eye.
- Less than 1 in 10 resumes reach the hiring manager of advertised jobs.
- 3 in 10 resumes are rejected for having an unprofessional email address.
- 55% of resumes include at least one lie.
- 80% of resumes will not get past the first screening.
Improve Your Chances – Customize
61% of hiring managers say a customized resume will improve job chances. On average, only 11% of applicants are considered suitable for the jobs they are applying for. Below might improve your statistics:
- A 2-page resume is preferred by 90% of recruiters for professional positions and 1 page for others
- Attaching a cover letter to the resume will increase your chances by 49%
- Address the letter to the hiring manager or recruiter by name increases your chance for an interview by 26%
- Link your resume to your online portfolio, blog, or website. That increases your chances to be considered by 21%
Resume vs CV?
- A resume is 1-2 pages whereas, the CV can be longer.
- The resume is used for job hunting in all industries and the CV is used for jobs and admissions in Academia.
- The resume is tailored to the specific job you are applying to while, the CV is a comprehensive overview.
Cardinal Culture – Woman Owned
Cardinal Staffing Services is not just any staffing company, it is a place you can be inspired to reach the goal of your dreams. The Cardinal Culture is about empowerment. We treat our customers and candidates with respect, dignity, and appreciation. We make positive decisions every day that impact our valued clients, our candidates, and our communities. Contact us today!