Reframe your job search
Businesses continue to evolve in a post-pandemic world. Those seeking new positions should anticipate changes as the job market equalizes. Now is a good time to reframe your job search and get prepared for the next level of recruitment.
For many workers, better salaries, flexibility, and benefits drew them to new opportunities. Some say that the Great Resignation might feel like the Great Regret. A recent survey showed that more than one-quarter of those who left work for new positions have doubts that they made the right move.
The balance of power in the job market is beginning to equalize. Days are numbered when candidates called the shots and got everything they wanted. Before considering a new position, outline what is most important to you.
- Rank your priorities. Identify and rank what matters to you. Consider which are must-haves versus nice-to-haves.
- Realistic expectations. As the job market rebalances, exercise a bit of caution. Don’t demand too much from a new employer. The risk is it could irritate a potential employer and just might cause you to lose an opportunity.
- It’s the role, not the title. Don’t be too quick to judge a role based only on its title. Dig deep into the company’s profile and executive team for clues on their company culture and advancement opportunities.
- Customized materials. Customizing your resume(s) and cover letter(s) is a must. Highlight in both your resume and cover letter just how your skills, experience and accomplishments align with their job description. Then articulate in a professional manner just why you are interested in both the role and the company.
- For the right reason. Make sure you are running toward an opportunity and not running away from your current position. Take time to get to know the company and team that you are considering. Trust your instincts. Make sure your new position and employer aligns with what you are really looking for.
It’s a new world out there. And there are still amazing new opportunities to be had. Approach your job search thoughtfully and with realistic hopes and expectations. And be patient.
The Cardinal Culture – Finding Jobs for 28 Years
We understand there will always be daily challenges. That’s why Cardinal Staffing Services remains flexible to the needs of our valued clients and candidates. We take the time to fully know and understand the needs of our candidates and clients. And that’s why we remain the Best-In-Class staffing partner since 1994. Let us be your staffing partner. Contact us Today!