National Safety Month – Summer Safety
Keeping Summer Breezy and Fun
This time in National Safety Month – Summer Safety. It’s time to uncover the grill and get ready to be outside. The relaxing days of summer are here! Summer also implies heat, fun, and sunshine. But it can also bring health and safety hazards. So, its up to us to be sure we are keeping our Summer Breezy and Fun!
Heat Related Illness
Anyone can be at risk for a heat-related illness. Moderating exposure to heat goes beyond reapplying sunscreen and covering up. Take extra steps to avoid being outside in the sun and heat for long periods of time. Especially being out when the strongest ultraviolet (UV) rays are between the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Several heat-related illnesses
- Heat stroke. This occurs when the ability to sweat fails, and the body temperature rises to a dangerous level quickly.
- Heat Exhaustion. Occurs when the body loses an excessive amount of salt and water. That’s when heat exhaustion sets in.
- Heat cramps. These are muscle spasms, that usually affects the legs or abdominals, and often after physical activity.
- Stay Hydrated. Dehydration is another safety concern during the summer months.
- Protect Your Skin. Use a sunscreen 30 minutes before going out.
- Water Safety. Remember to always have adult supervision for children.
- Eye Safety. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light can harm the eyes.
- Sports Safety. Heat exhaustion and dehydration can happen.
Recreational Water Safety
Swimming is the most popular way to cool off and beat the heat. From backyard pools to local lakes and beaches. There are many places to swim, play or relax. However, water can be dangerous. According to the U.S. Lifesaving Association, more than 100 drownings happen each year in the U. S. due to rip currents in the ocean. In fact, reports show an average of 19 children drown every year during the Fourth of July holiday.
It’s wise to be trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). CPR could help loved ones quickly who are in crisis. Whether you’re enjoying time outdoors, swimming, at a friend’s house, or in your own home. Knowing CPR can buy an individual precious minutes until professional medical help arrives.
Cardinal Staffing Services – Experience Counts
Since 1994, our experience, expertise and proven methodologies have ensured our clients are matched with the exact people they need, when they need them. Contact us today to start achieving your goals.
#cardinaljobs #immediatehiring #recruiters #recruiting #localjobs #cardinaljobs #weeklypay #employees #newhires #talentsearch #referralbonus #jobsinthe419