As Stress Awareness Month winds down, I want to take this opportunity to touch on the stress of workplace bullying. There is a new report from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) which says, a quarter of employees believe bullying and harassment are being overlooked. Cardinal Staffing is committed to providing a work environment that reduces the stress of workplace bullying, or the feeling that it is being overlooked. Our zero-tolerance policy creates a work environment where people are treated with dignity, respect and empathy.
What To Do
If you feel you are being bullied:
- Ask that person to stop the unwanted behavior.
- Report the situation to a supervisor. Or to the next person in the chain of command. Or even the Human Resources department (HR).
- Keep notes detailing the nature of the bullying. Such as, dates, times/places, what was said, who was present.
- Obtain copies of the harassing/bullying paperwork. After that, keep copies of all documents that would contradict the bully’s accusations against you (e.g., time sheets, audit reports, etc.).
- Have a witness with you during any meetings with the bully. To clarify, report the behavior to an appropriate person.
- When you witness someone being bullied, show support and empathy for that individual. Most importantly, let a supervisor or HR know if/and when the situation persists.
When Bullying is Witnessed or Reported
Your Employer Should:
- Take the complaint and/or situation seriously. Then begin the investigation promptly.
- Address the behavior during the investigation by stating specific examples. Clarifying the behavior/actions being perceived as bullying, and impact it has on others.
- Then assess the extent and the pervasiveness of the bullying.
- Always consult with HR on the appropriate next steps.
Cardinal Staffing – Zero Tolerance
Since 1994, Cardinal Staffing has been building partnerships with our client companies and candidates looking for a job. Our database of thousands of candidates includes all levels of talent and ability. Our Zero-Tolerance Policy ensures a workplace free of bullying or harassment. We match each candidate and job opportunity based on skills, expertise, overall capabilities, providing a work environment that is safe. Contact us today we are here to help.
#zerotolerance #workplacebullying #localjobs #cardinaljobs #weeklypay #bonuspay #jobsinthe419
#employees #newhires stressawarenessmonth2022